Things are well in Sac town.. It takes lots of work to manage this office, but I'm qualified and I feel like I am doing a good job.. I am enjoying my job as the Head Tech.. The sales guys love me as I am good at solving problems and I am genuinely concerned that their sales get installed.. They have reported to the big-wigs that I am the bomb-dot-com and I am getting praise from my superiors, but all in all reality, all I am really doing is backing up my technicians.. I remember the HORRIFIC experience I had with I-Satellite in 2005, and it is my goal to make sure that none of my guys end up having a 'Bakersfield-like' experience like us Taylor brothers did..
I keep reminding myself that the idea is to work hard, know that it is a CRAZY BLITZ for 4 months, then it will be over..
I am hitting my goals this summer.. Pops is a bit behind on his goals, but I am seeing to it that he will meet them for the rest of the summer.. Jake is going to hit all his goals (he has 2 more installs than me at the moment), but 17-year-old-Josh is a distant last in total installs.. At first, I felt bad for him because he is not going to make any money if he does not get his average up.. but after a few chats, I've learned that he is not here for the money.. He is here mainly to be with his brother and to try something new.. I'd feel better if he got a fat paycheck to go with it, but he says he's fine where he is at.. He is a good tech, but he is still 17 and it's showing.. If he only knew how much money he could make if he applied himself to this job..
Kendra is doing well.. She is adjusting to life without school.. She is one who ABSOLUTELY has to fill every waking hour with something productive, or else she feels 'lazy'.. it is clear that she does not know the definition of the word lazy.. School, for instance.. she crammed 3 semesters of school into 2 in order to graduate early so we could go to Sacramento this summer.. in the first of her last 2 semesters at BYU she pulled 22 credits, and in her last semester she pulled 13 in addition to student teaching for 8 hours.. She is an amazing woman..
Kendra originally worked for Dish One on the phones, running claims for sales guys through the computer at our apartment, but this was plan B.. at the beginning of the summer, she applied to be the Office Admin for the Sacramento office, but corporate thought it would be a conflict of interest, and made it a policy that a spouse of a manager is not eligible to be an Office Admin.. They want checks and balances between the big 3; Office Admin, Tech Manager, and Sales Manager.. anyways, she grew bored with her phone job and often found herself volunteering her extra time to help Danielle, our admin, to get her job done.. I think Danielle somewhat took advantage of Kendra's work ethic as Danielle is became increasingly dependant on Kendra to fill in as Admin while Danielle took time off to go to the beach, six flags, trips to Utah etc.. Long story short: Kendra did Danielle's job, Danielle got paid for it.. Corporate grew tired of Danielle's absence, and have since rethought their policy and asked Kendra to take Danielle's job.. She started last monday, and it took 3 full days of non-stop work to make up all the work that Danielle missed.. Things are running smoothly not that Kendra is running the show.. All the sales guys and techs are impressed with Kendra (as they should be), and they are coming to her to fix problems, find same day installations, and track down paperwork..
Bosco is doing well.. about a week ago, we went to the pound to find a friend for our dog.. We found another Dauchsand named Guapo and decided that we would take him home.. We couldn't take him that day because of a technicality, so we left Guapo at the pound, only to find out the next day that the technicality was that the dog was already spoken for.. sad day :( one of the sales guys has a dog by the name of Moo (like a cow).. We have since adopted Moo because the apartments we live in required a $500 deposit to have dogs, and Moo's owner thought it rediculious to pay that.. so Moo lives here now.. These two dogs are friends now, but it took a while to get used to each other..
In our office, we have a salesman by the name of Dustin Hesketh.. He is a stud.. He loves to work on motorcycles, and I made him promise that he will customize me a crotch-rocket after the summer is over.. He has his degree in mechanical engineering, worked as a diesel mechanic in Kansas, but lost his job when the shop he worked at closed down.. He somehow caught wind of Dish One, and moved to Utah to sell Dish.. He sold there in the 'off-season' before being assigned to our office in Sacramento.. He is leading our office in sales, and he is an incredible addition to our office.. He is not mormon, and since our office is full of RM's, he has been investigating the church since the start of the summer.. He had not heard much about us Mormons in Kansas, but he is loving the discussions with the missionaries, scripture study with sales guys and techs, and he comes to church regularly.. He feels the spirit and describes how it feels.. It is amazing to hear him aknowledge it and describe how it feels.. It's inspiring.. He has committed to be baptized on June 27, and we are all very excited for him..
Things are well in CA.. That's the update for now.. Love you all, have a wonderful day :)
PS- Happiness is being able to say, "The passing moment is as good as any I shall ever have"
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been busy. Glad you are having a better work experience then you did you did in Bakersfield.
Where are all the pictures :) ha ha ha... sounds like a lot of work, but if anyone is up for it, you two are!!
if you want another dog so bad, I will PERSONALLY drive penny to you.. NOT joking...
Post a Comment