
Arizona State Prison Complex - Kingman, Cerbat Complex. Its a minimal security sate pen. Minimal as in the gaurd stations in the dorms (or pods) are not behind plexiglass or any real kind of barrier. There is no electrical fence, just 4 rows of barbed wire along the outer fence. No Lifers in here, just 2-25 felons. The guards don't use guns or batons, just CO (pepper spray) because they have a great "inmate-staff culture".
This is the place I am going to be working. Woot. Little me in a locked room full of 25 inmates, equiped only with my brains, brawn, and a radio. Again, woot. Its all good becuase my room is attatched to my office which has a dead bolt. ^_^
This week I have been going through new employee orientation. Of the 32 hours so far, I have learned the following:
- There is NO consensual sex in prison
- Code 9999 means I need help NOW
- STG's (security threat groups) or Prison gangs are bad news
- No one is really your friend in prison
- PREA - Prison Rape Elimination Act
- In a hostage situation don't poke the inmate and call him chubby
- I am not a Generation Y, but rather a Millenial (?)
- Don't fall in love with an inamte, its good grounds for dismissal
- There is NO consensual sex in prison
- Did I mention, there is NO consensual sex in prison.
Thats about my week. I have sat in a classroom watching slide shows that are interrupted by horrific stories or naps. Good times.
On the lighter side, I tried prison food. Its free to all staff...there is a reason its free to us. Its...uh...an aquired taste. Ok well I am pooped, so off to bed with me. Perhaps I will write more when I know more about my job. ^)^
2 comments:
WOW! That is pretty intense. call me sometime when you are not too busy :)
OHHHH this sounds very exciting!! That is pretty awesome. There's no consensual hanky panky at my work either. haha...eww I threw up a little.
Post a Comment