Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Someone's got a case of the Mondays...

This is my never ending week...each day seems to be a Monday kind of day. I have been oblivious to the clouds of doom that have been hanging over my head. But yesterday at my student teaching meeting, about my midterm evaluation, the rain came pouring down. I didn't realize just how much stress I am under. Holy cow! I picked up more days at work to compensate for my lack of planning in the month of January, I have been putting off my online class to do things like make lesson plans, create fun ways to teach songs in primary, and do my house work (i.e. laundry, dishes, cleaning...). And I still have to create a teaching portfolio (half of my grade) gather statistics on my assessments for my teacher work sample, create assessments...I am a little backwards, and find time to take my puppy for walks, exercise myself, and most importantly, find time to relax and be me. What have I gotten myself into. But never fear, I work best like this, or so I have convinced myself, because again, this is all self inflicted. I am a masochist, a glutton for stress. Saddly because of it all, I am feeling burnt out of teaching, maybe because I am teaching basketball, and I have no idea what I am doing (add that to the list of stressors above) and just want to be done with it. Well that was this morning, and I am feeling better about it now, or was until I nearly yelled at my 4th period who just don't seem to have brains today. Oh that is the joy of teaching.

Ok...done ranting...the cloud seems a little lighter now. Thanks for listening. Hope your day goes much better than mine. Chao!

6 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Wow... sounds like you are right in the middle of your VERY last semester at BYU! Very stressful but completely worth every minute!! I know you are stressed but you will get through it. Just take it one day at a time. YEAH for SCHOOL!

S.N.D said...

some days are just stressful and crazy...but hang in there girl you can do it. As for me I just feel like I'm dragging myself just so that I can get done with school this semester.Godd luck to us..
Take care.we miss you guys

Team Skousen said...

Yes...welcome to student/wife/teacher/cleaner life!!! I hope things de-stress a bit for you in the next little bit! Just make it through finals and you are free!

The Pacheco's said...

It always seems like we leave everything that is super stressful for the very last, which makes it automatically ten times more stressful. I think you'll do fine, You'll figure out a schedule that'll allow you to accomplish everything. :) Hang in there.

p.s. Love the title, Office Space is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I understand exactly how you feel! I'm sure you're counting down the weeks, days, hours, and minutes until you're finished... when are you finished, anyway?

Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Best Online Casinos tyuueooru
http://stonewalljacksoncarnival.org/ - Online Casino Game
So you can have a wonderful gambling experience with the comfort at your home.
[url=http://stonewalljacksoncarnival.org/]Virtual Casino[/url]
More casino options The number of online casino is far higher than bricks and mortars based casino all across the world.
Online Gaming Casino
3.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background