Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nothing to report.

Thats about it. I got nothing. I did not get the job in Maricopa, we were on able to get approved for a morgage, Bosco was neutured (I think he is meaner than before...suck) and I am so ready to move! I spend about 20 hours a day in this apt....13 of them alone, I want out! Sunday's are my only day for socializing...and everyone else just wants to sleep. So here I remain.

I can not wait to hang out with marries people again. Only 3 weeks until we move back to Provo. Where we will live once we get there is still a mystery. We are thinking about buying a little rambler near BYU and rent it out during the summers we do DISH. Or even while we live in AZ. Yes that still is out goal, but with neither of us having secured work there it seems foolish to jump into a house payment. In Utah I can find work as a sub while I get my biology teaching credentials and Mike can work with DishOne.

So for a while now I have been listeniong to NPR and hearing alot about Obama's hea;th care reform. I am for it. I have noticed that alot of people against it already have that oh so preacious health care, and almost all of them get it through work...I do not have it and have found that it is rediculously expensive. I simply cannot afford it, so everday I hope and pray that Mike doesn't fall off a roof. Through Obama's plan, we could get health care, and not have to pay a $5,000 deductable. His plan states that if your health care costs more than 1/3 of your income, the government would help you pay it. nHow awesome is that! I know is sounds horrible to you people who just pay $100 or so a month, but we would have to pay $350+ a month on top of our $5,000 deductable if we ever wanted to even think about becoming pregnant.

Sorry...I need to rant. I just cannot believe that people want some thing for nothing. They want better teachers and new books and a computer for every child, yet they are not willing to pay for it. They complain and moan about it, then expect teachers who start out below the poverty line to teach a class of 35+ students with old worn out books, no Music, no Art, and no PE. And they expect great test scores. Are they nuts?

Ok now that is over I think I will crawl into a hole and call it a day. Good-bye.

4 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

YEAH! You wrote a blog!! I am going to have to disagree on the health care reform. I do agree something needs to be done, but there has to be a better way. How about lowering health care costs? Does it really have to cost over $10,000 to stay in the hospital? Or how about $300 just to visit the doctor for a 15 minute visit? I can get you a job here in NM. My old job at the LLS is open. It works with kids as the Pennies for Patience coordinator. IT WAS AN AWESOME JOB. Starts at over $30,000 a year. I would take it, but as you know, I have a baby. So that idea is OUT! Anyhow, I am sure something will be done about the health care problem... too many people are going with out. :) Love you TAYLORS!

Team Skousen said...

The government doesn't help you pay for it, we help you pay for it out of our paychecks. Which I am happy to do for you and Mike because you are family and hard workers, not lazy bums...

We, on the other hand, have health insurance through Craig's work...we pay more than $400 a month for it AND have a super huge deductible. Plus, every time I go to the doctor to remove skin cancer I have to fork out $500 bucks. We can't have a kid because we can't afford the huge deductible...and I'll probably die of skin cancer someday because I don't have $$ to keep removing it! So I ask myself, why are we paying for insurance?

But since Craig makes a lot of money, no one will ever give us assistance in the health insurance department. So while everyone else gets it for free (from us) we will continue to struggle and never have kids. Even though he actually makes much much less than the paper says because we have to fork out SO much money to other people.

I agree with Julie. Health care costs should just be lowered. Those greedy doctors are ridiculous! Mine charged my insurance company $150 bucks just for my 5 minute visit. What is that?

Anyways, you can probably get a brokerage plan like Sharla for less than we pay with a salaried job. I say go that way! AND BOOO for bad education budgeting. That is a whole other topic!

mh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Skousen said...

I forgot to tell you guys that we are SUPER sad you aren't coming to Maricopa. One day I hope!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background