I can't sleep.
Too many things are buzzing around my brain. So I thought I would farm my little farmville. But the desktop was turned off and the laptop needed to be plugged in. So I looked for the cable, and saw my scriptures. I said a little prayer and opened them.2 Nephi 4
26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of fear, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine fears?
27 And why should I yield to worry, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to fear, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I fearful..?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in fear. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
29 Do not worry again because of mine insecurities. Do not slacken my strength because of mine fear.
30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy arighteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine benemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
34 O Lord, I have atrusted in thee, and I will btrust in thee forever...
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
As you can see I substituted some words. I struggle with maintaing faith. I let fear and worry cloud out my strength and faith. I need to remain steadfast, and immovable.
2 Nephi 31
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have the desire of your heart.
I know He loves me. I know He has a plan for me, I need to have faith in that plan. I need to place that faith on His alter and walk away knowing that He is God and can do anything if I but ask and do my part.
2 comments:
Hard but worth every effort. You can always call me... I will be awake around the clock in about 2 months.
I loved this. You are awesome Kendra! Love it.
Post a Comment