Friday, March 25, 2011

Like a puzzle

Sometimes things in life fall into place. All the pieces line up like a perfect puzzle. All your dreams nice and neat in one clean little package. But Heavenly Father has a completely different picture in mind. And with one ill-fitting piece, Poof, there goes your puzzle.

Life was going quite swimmingly here in Tennessee. We are living the good life. We are on our way to saving for a down payment on a home (which we just got approved for). We have health insurance that "covers" my infertility treatment. And a gymnastics place is for sale within a 20 min drive from my home! All three of my dreams looked like they were about to come true. I mean we are right on the cusp of getting a) a house b) a baby c) my dream job. SO STINKING CLOSE!

And then Heavenly Father says, "Not yet."

Turns out our "insurance" has a $10,000 deductable. Meaning we have to spend $10,000 of our own money And THEN they will pay for 100% of all other costs after that. That being said, I had a x-ray done. Guess how much it costs to use the x-ray machine at the hospital, $1,008. HA! So much for going to the fertility specialist. We have that much right now, in savings. That is part of our down payment towards our duplex. We were already knew that we couldn't afford both the duplex and the bussiness right now. So we thought perhaps we could convince the current owners to finance us, with a good faith down payment of course. Then I took my car in far an oil change. I need ANOTHER tire for my car. That makes 6 tires I have bought for that car in 12 months...Not looking good for us and our bank account right about now.

On top of all that, I have been released from my calling in the Primary presidency. I loved that calling. There is so much that I didn't get to do. When I "complained" about going back to Relief Society, I was told it wouldn't last long....

So, here I hang in limbo. This is where I have been for almost 2 years now. It felt like things were clicking. Dreams were coming true. It felt good, too good. But I have heard it said that,
He takes away a seemingly good opportunity for an even better one.

 I know that to be true.
I have Michael to prove it. ^_^ 

Again, I hang in limbo, having faith that something better is out there for us.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Ah, limbo. A place I know like the back of my hand.

Hang in there. Things will work out... one way or another.

(I need to tattoo these words on the backs of my eyelids so I see them every time I blink!)

Love you two.

Julie Barnes said...

Oh Beano... I know good things are coming. You two are such awesome people. Keep up the hard work and have faith in the future. Love you and miss you TONS!

Team Skousen said...

When I look back on our lives, I can see so many times that we dodged HUGE bullets...even though we were walking straight at them (or even hoping for them). Things just have a funny way of working themselves out (even if they take FOREVER). Miss you!

S.N.D said...

Things will work out in the end.And I totally agree that there is something better that's going to happen.

And guess what where on a limbo too.No jobs for Nate and we don't know where we are going to end up.But really I don't have the power to for see our future.That's why I am putting my trust in the Lord.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background