Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Growing Pains

I am not very nice. I have little patience for kids who don't want to try. You know the type. "I can't. Its too hard. Can't I do something easier?" Yeah, I can't stand those kids. One of those complainers is in my Purple belt class. Its the highest level before they start competing. She wants to go back to being a white belt (beginner) because its not hard.
When she starts to whine and ask why I am making her work hard, I tell her its because I know she can do it. I know that she has the talent and strength to accomplish what I am asking her to do.

Last night was a hard night. I felt totally alone. I have no one to hang out with, no one to talk to...no friends (not true by the way, but I was feeling a little drammatic). I was down in the dumps about how I did not have the life I planned on having. Being a stay at home mom with two kids, a house with lots of land, a backyard, oh yeah and my husband to sleep next to every night.

I still wasn't feeling good about where I am in life this morning, so I said a little prayer. I asked God to give me the strength to make it through my long day, and to help me be happy with the lot I have been given. Then, mid prayer, I thought of Kaitlyn, my whiny purple belt.

I am stronger than this. I am meant for more than being a mom with two kids, a house, and a husband home everynight. (Which by the way I made him do because I am selfish, but thats a later post.) I have more talent and skill that needs working before I attain my dream. And its not going to be easy. Getting your dream rarely is. But it will be worth it. The path that I am on was made just for me. It is a work out plan built to suit my needs to make me the best possible me.

I need to stop whining and get working, or it will never get easier.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

You are right! You are on the right path for you! It may not be what you "thought" but it is what you need. I never EVER thought I would end up in Albuquerque; however, this is what I need. Miss you and love you and thinking of you daily!
Jewls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background