Ever feel like you are not reaching your potential.
I feel like Lucy Kelson for two weeks notice is yelling at me,
"The man you're dancing with is deeply trouble
You're much to young to be trading yourself like a
stock on the Nasdaq to a man who will not be
remembering your name... or his in the morning, is still
married, and recently developed a very suspicious rash.
Now go home, finish high school and reach your potential!"
Ok, so not quite like that but still I feel like I am coasting on previous achievements, hoping that I will end up at my life's goals. What am I doing?!?! I am substitute teaching and teaching gymnastics. Where does that take me? What happened to the girl who wanted to become a CFO... Where did that go get 'em spirit go? the fire? It all seems to have petered out, leaving nothing but ashes of dreams.
Wow, I seem positive. (note sarcasm) Well. I am struggling. Where do I go from here?
Fast forward six months.
I know exactly where I go. I go out and find a gym for sale. My eyes get big. The fire ignites. My go get 'em spirit takes over. I have been so bored for three years. I was a stay at home wife. I got good at that job. I love that job. Now that I am crazy over my head with this new job, I miss that job, that boredom that was never really boring.
I now work roughly 60 hours a week. 60 hours a week with children. I am GREAT with kids. This talent is what keeps me from killing one or two some days. Its funny really. A year ago, probably more, I was wishing to be a mom who took her kids to fun places all the time. We would go to the zoo, the library, the pool, the park. Now I go all these places with 6-10 kids.
Fast forward six months.
I know exactly where I go. I go out and find a gym for sale. My eyes get big. The fire ignites. My go get 'em spirit takes over. I have been so bored for three years. I was a stay at home wife. I got good at that job. I love that job. Now that I am crazy over my head with this new job, I miss that job, that boredom that was never really boring.
I now work roughly 60 hours a week. 60 hours a week with children. I am GREAT with kids. This talent is what keeps me from killing one or two some days. Its funny really. A year ago, probably more, I was wishing to be a mom who took her kids to fun places all the time. We would go to the zoo, the library, the pool, the park. Now I go all these places with 6-10 kids.
I got my wish, but in a funny sort of way.
I am no longer coasting.
I am taking Lucy Kelson's advice.
I am not settling for mediocrity.
I am not settling for mediocrity.
2 comments:
YEAH!!!
Congrats!
Post a Comment