Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bad Attitude

I am having a bad day. I woke up cranky. Insulted a bowl of oatmeal. Cursed at my egg that wouldn't let go of the pan. Then stabbed it with my spatula.

I know the food did not deserve my rage.


So I did what any rational human being would do. I sat on the floor and cried, mainly because I didn't know why I was so upset with the world. 


Light bulb.


I counted the weeks and low and behold, right on schedule, my monthly crazy has arrived.



Its a hoodie kind of day.


On the brighter side of this week, yesterday I attended an adoption conference. It was magical, because at the end, there was a panel of birth mothers.
It was so special to hear their stories.
One of my biggest fears with adopting is the disconnect with the birth mother. 
I fear that she is going to be left in the cold after giving us SUCH a precious gift.
I fear that she would regret her decision and resent us.
I just wanted to know that she will be at peace when this process is finalized.
The birth mother I spoke too had nothing but peace and happiness over her choice.
She said that she spent part of everyday for a year on her knees praying. 
Peace came to her.

I am so glad to hear that, to know that. It brought me peace about starting the process.
It is my happy thought of the week.

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

oh bean-oh! I am glad you were able to attend the adoption conference. I will pray for you! AND I can't wait to see you in TWO months!

Julie Barnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background