Three days = 72 hours
Minus
To and from Phx = 8 hours
To and from Provo = 14 hours
Sleeping = 24
Equals 26 hours well spent with friends and family.
This weekend I think we spent more time in the car than we did with the people we were visiting. Roadtrips are awesome relationship builders. There is no one else to talk to, and if you get in an argument, where are you going to go? Mike and I love them. We get to spend some good quality time together. We even get to play the "Gotta Keep Mike Awake" game when we drive late at night. Since I was blessed (I use the term loosely) with awesomely blurring vision, I struggle to drive at night...Ok when I say struggle, you might say well driving at night is hard for everyone. But when the headlights coming at you look like 4 instead of 2 and as large as my car, its really not the safest thing in the world. Don't worry, I rarely drive at night. I know that probably doesn't sound conforting.
But the "Awake" game is something I really enjoy, because to stay awake I get Mike to talk about something he is passionate about. I love hearing about how he wants to coach his football team, or how he loved driving a semi-truck, but my very favorite is when he talks about how he wants to raise our kids. What he wants to do with them, how much time he wants to spend with them and so much more. I think this last drive down we didn't turn the radio on once or have a lag in the conversation for 6 hours. It was amazing!
3 comments:
I loved long road trips with Stephen as well. We always had a blast talking for hours on end. Brings back good memories. Now long road trips are the hardest EVER! Traveling with a baby is time consuming ;)
I'm glad you guys got around safely!! It was fun to hang out with you. I feel you on the night driving!! Danger to the public! haha
I love road trips! I'd take a road trip over a flight any day.
Post a Comment