Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hiking

Saturday morning, Sharla knocks on my door, "Wanna go running?"

Ugh. I hate running. Plus Sharla runs like 3x fater than me. So I ask, "Is wade going?"

I ask because I know he doesn't run either, so we could hike while Sharla ran.

So of course, the trail she picked is pretty much uphill switch backs....I was panting after the first 1/2 mile...indicating that I probably should get out more. Any case the goal was for Wade and I to walk to the 1/2 mile mark then turn around and go back. In the meantime, Sharla would run one mile and be back at about the same time. Well we made it to the 1/2 mi mark and stood there in awe as we watched Sharla just keep going.


Then we got bored. Wade saw mine tailings so we went off path to investigate.
Check our little friend we saw off the beaten path.

It is a BLUE lizard! I have never seen a blue-green-teal lizard before! Crazy!

Anycase we kept on trucking up the hill, then lo and behold here comes Sharla down the path, passing us! Boy we didn't follow directions, we called out but she didn't hear us. So we started down the path after her.

Then I got a flat tire. A cholla cactus attacked my shoe. Wade pulled out his trusty pocket knife and saved my foot. Then a few yards down the path, I felt something sticking my foot...Suck, a sticker got through my shoe and was now in my foot. So I pulled off my shoe, but I saw nothing...this is not good. So I pulled off my sock. There is the culprit! I started to pull it out and a centimeter later it was all out! But that's not all. He had a smaller buddy. He was broken off at the skin. Wade did a little operating with Sharla's leatherman and we were off and going again.

Needless to say it was an adventure in the least. ^_^

3 comments:

Team Skousen said...

UMMM that lizard is freaking awesome!!! You guys need to all come down for a while. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a lizard that color either! I've been doing a bit of desert trail running lately and it's so beautiful... hot, but beautiful. I love the cactus flowers too. :)

Julie Barnes said...

Wow, that lizard looks cool!! Edward would love to see him live and in person! Too bad about the cactus :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background