Sunday, June 6, 2010

Awesome?

So, in looking at the old facebook, I came to a realization. I need to be more awesome. Yes, you read that, MORE AWESOME. I fear that my awesome factor is deteriorating. So in an effort to optimize the awesome...I have no idea.

Here is the awesome I have now:

I work(ed) at a prison. Can I just say that I REALLY liked that job. It totally upped the awesome factor and it was rewarding (both when a I really helped a guy, or made him cry) ^_^

I am moving to Nashville. I haven't quite figured out the awesome part of this yet but I am sure it will be.

I have awesome yellow shoes. ^_^

I...well...what about....umm...Ok there is my problem, I can't think of anymore awesome. WHERE IS THE AWESOME?!

So, ways to get the awesome.

Ok, one way: Go Back to school. My masters would be super awesome, the only thing is I have no stinking idea what it should be. I love biology and think it would super cool to continue exercise physiology. Most people who do that go on to be doctors..then again I am not most people.

Way #B: Travel someplace awesome, like Europe or Canada.

IIIrd way: Become a spy. Serously folks, what is more awesome than being an undercover agent? Answer, very little.

Perhaps the awesome isn't an everyday thing. Perhaps it is like rain, great in spurts but not so awesome in floods or droughts. I say that everything is an adventure. It has to be. The awesome is up to us to make happen, or not. We let our lives get dull, or seem dull, especially when we begin to compare our awesome to other people's awesome. I know that I am awesome, just sometimes I need to remind myself of that. I need to see the awesome in my life for what it is, AWESOME. We have so many things planned for ourselves, and when some of those plans are not realized and we are left feeling not so awesome.

I secretly love my life. I say secretly because I don't think others appriciate it for its awesomeness. This tells you that I care way too much what you think about it, huh? My life is great grand and wonderful just as it is:

Migrant
Childless
Job Jumping
Awesome.

People look and see all those as hinderances to my awesome. I see those AS my awesome. I couldn't care less what you think of my getting married at a young age, or not having children yet, or not having a "real" job, let alone holding down the same job for a year, or moving every 5 months.
I AM AWESOME!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

--End Rant

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

YEAH!! It takes a long time to figure out that what you have is just as awesome as what everyone else has... glad you have that figured out so young. I work on that every day. Here's to an "awesome" adventure in Tennesee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background