It is so easy to be negative. It is so easy to start down that slippery slope. Like a cancer is grows feeding on insecurities. I grows into a tumor of jealousy that weighs you down. It protrudes and aches so you never forget its there. After carrying it around for a while you start to resent the people who you are the targets of your jealousy. You nurse this cancer along, allowing it to take over your life even when you are so angry that all you can think about is the bitterness left by this soul eating cancer.
Its just so easy to slide away into the darkness of self loathing.
You cannot stand still in life, you either move forward or back.
As easy as it is to drift down when life is not going your way,
it is equally difficult to move upward.
You simply cannot stand still for the current of life will not permit it.
Many Sundays I sat in my pew at church, all alone, while Mike was off making money in Kansas, in deep contemplation of where I stood on the path of life. I would look over and see people right where I so desperately wanted to be. I saw people standing where I wanted to be in 10, 15, 20 years from now.
But nowhere I looked could I see someone standing in my place.
As the speakers gave their talks, I would jot down the thoughts that would pass into my head. These apply.
How are we eased of our pain when we call upon the Savior for help and mercy?
- We can feel warmth in out hearts because of the great love He has for us.
- Because of that warmth and love, we can feel peace that we are not alone.
- He
sympathizesempathizes with us because He has experienced the same pain, and worse. - We can feel the burden of negativity and grief through this comforting knowledge.
I refuse to waste my life with bitter resentment because some are farther down life's path. I take comfort in knowing that my Heavenly Father has given me a path all my own to walk. And that He will be there every step of the way if I let Him.
A dear friend had her baby today. A healthy baby boy. I visited her in the hospital. I felt happy, even giddy for her. It was a good day to have a birthday.
^_^
1 comment:
It is a good day to have a baby! You are right, jealousy is so easy yet it brings us so far down. My favorite saying is, "The grass looks greener on the other side of the fence until you jump the fence to see that is all green fresh cow poo." You have an awesome, inspiring life and I am so glad you are my sister!
Post a Comment