My journey to pregnancy started November 2008 when I begrudgingly went off the pill. I loved my BC. I have HORRIBLE periods. Sadly these things are regular too. So like clock work every 28 days I was out of commission for a day. My cramps were so bad, I would vomit from the pain. I have tried every OTC pain killer and some prescription ones. None that allow me to be lucid do the trick. Needless to say, my BC that allowed only 4 of these beasts a year was AMAZING!
But then my sister got pregnant. She found out that she had a blood clotting disorder. My mom had a blood clot, so she got tested. She was positive too. She decided that I should get tested as well. Yup you guessed it, i have the same blasted thing. You know when they are mumbling the side affects of prescription's they say if you have a tendency to clot this drug could kill you. That was me.
So I said good-bye to my friend of 3 years and said. "What the hay, let's start a family."
Then something happened in February 2009, I got pregnant. I miscarried at 7 weeks.
Since then, nothing.
Three years later I have decided its time I did something about this. I began seeing a fertility specialist. That term makes me cringe. He talks about surgery and hormones therapy and wait for it....daily shots. I HATE shots. And these one I would have to give to myself. I want to cry just thinking about it.
I am NOT ready for that.
So I am going to explore other options. My sister has been doing naturalistic remedies, and got me some to try. Clary Sage and Ylang Ylang are the two essential oils that are supposed to boost estrogen and fertility. We will see about that.

4 comments:
Hey Kendra!
I can imagine how depressed and frustrated you must feel about all this. Daily shots, no thank you. I'd rather be carefree and kid-less. I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and hoping that one day, you'll be surrounded by your cute kids and thinking that the wait was worth it.
Good luck, girl!
I LOVE this. And I love Doterra!!! YOU GO GIRL!
Love this post the most! Also, just in case you are wondering (and I am sure you are not) after having said baby, you have to give yourself a shot everyday for 6 weeks to prevent clots... oh the joys!! :)
i am a new follower. i am so happy to read this. happy because i feel the same way. when will He give us what we want so bad?
let me know how the remedies work.
Post a Comment