Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Path.

Driving home from working yesterday I wanted to throw in the towel. Call up my loan people and have them take it all back. Forclose for all I care. Walk away, no harm no foul.
Saddly thats not possible.

It was a long day.

Owning a bussiness is HARD, STRESSFUL, and REWARDING.  I love my gym, but its a drain on me. I come home and turn my brain off. I have to or I think I would explode. When I bought this gym, I made a vow to keep work at work and home at home and never shall they meet. Ok, maybe not never, but its important that they stay seperate.

This summer was hard and thin. I mean REALLY thin. if summer was another month longer, we would have been bankrupt. But as I am finding, summer is hard on everyone in this biz. Alot of places just close thier doors during the summer months.

Just in the nick of time, school came back. It saved not only my sanity by ending 60 work weeks, but also kept me from closing my doors for good. Heavens, this month we have DOUBLED the income I got last month! Yup, it was that slim and I had that many new students sign up. Lets hope they stay all year!

My team is struggling. We are NOT ready for our first meet. Which makes me feel better about missing the entry deadline.
 (insert huge sigh of relief)


Plus, my van if full. My van is FULL! I have 23 kids in my after school program. We have hit MAX CAPACITY here and if I want more kids, then I need another van. How the HECK am I going to get another van?

I am SO excited about this school year. We are starting cheer classes and Taekwondo classes next month and oh the people they will bring to my gym....FREAKING EXCITED!

Boldy I go down my path and find little victories along the way reminding me why the uphill climb is worth it.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

yeah for summer being over and new students!! So excited for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background